Friday, June 8, 2007

My Little Pirates

Joshua loves pirates - that's what he was for Halloween last year. Well, with all the promos for the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie, he's back on a pirate kick (not to mention the fact that we recently watched the first two movies). So he drug out his cutlass and dagger from wherever he had them stashed and he's been teaching Nathaniel how to battle. Yes, the five year old is already teaching the 9 1/2 month old how to fight. I thought I'd stopped this the other day, but yesterday, as I was doing something else in the house and had plopped Nathaniel in the crib for a few minutes, it began again. I heard Joshua saying, "Okay, you're Will Turner and I'm Jack Sparrow, let's battle!" When I went into their room this is what I found:


When I asked them what they were doing, this is the response I got:


Gotta' love boys! Today they are playing with all of Joshua's cars - this is actually something they've been doing for the past several days. Unfortunately, Nathaniel has a cold or something right now and this afternoon Joshua is going to get a bucket of soapy water and get to go outside and have a huge carwash and wash all the slobber and snot off of the cars. Hopefully whatever this is that Nathaniel has goes away quickly...next Thursday is when we head off on our big trip to Arizona for Brian's dad's wedding and then on to visit my grandparents (hopefully my grandpa will be out of the hospital by then!) Travelling that far with the boys isn't going to be fun, but if either of them are sick it's going to be even less fun!

2 comments:

alison said...

They're pretty clever little guys, aren't they?? :) Hey...I haven't checked your blog in a while, and inadvertently changed my template to the same one you're using. Good taste!! ;)

Morningside Blogger said...

What fun pirates you have! You are always having such a good time. I'm so thankful for blogs so we can all keep in touch with each other. You're a great mom!!