Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!


Well, to the surprise of everyone (well, Joshua and Brian...Nathaniel didn't realize what a momentous occasion it was for me to make a "nice" breakfast on a weekday morning!)...I made Valentine pancakes for breakfast. Joshua was very excited...even though they were pink. He told me it was okay since it was Valentine's Day...other wise there would have been issues about pink since that is so not a boy color. Nathaniel stumbled out just as Joshua was finishing up. He climbed up to the table - no waiting for booster seat or high chair! And was thrilled to grab a pancake.

Joshua was finishing up Valentines to mail to his grandmas and grandpas and didn't really want to smile for the camera...but he got his Valentines finished. So Grandmas and Grandpas be on the lookout! He was upset because I'd written Nathaniel's name on the Valentines (I did the writing in them to speed up the process)...so he didn't write his name. I had all but one sealed in their resepective envelopes when I realized I hadn't been checking them and asked...he told me he wasn't writing his name and they'd all seen how he wrote his name before. So I had to open them all back up and write his name in them.

Joshua had a blast at school for Valentine's Day...they decorated heart sugar cookies (courtesy of Brian and I...I'd told his teacher at Christmas time that I could make cookies for Vday...and ended up making them not just for his class but also for the other Spanish Immersion kinder class...so we made over 40 cookies just for school!) and exchanged Valentines...he had more fun showing them to us after school than he had receiving them, I think. He hasn't asked to eat any of the candy out of the cards, yet, which was surprising to me! We gave each boy an action figure that we had in our "stash" (marked down toys Brian picks up after holidays at Safeway...they have some great deals!) Nathaniel now has his own Spider-man action figure so maybe there will be less yells of "Mommy, Nathaniel has my Spider-man!" And Joshua got Sandman...a guy from the 3rd Spider-man movie. So they've been "battling" with those...Nathaniel doesn't quite get the battling part...and gets tired of Joshua's guy trying to take down his Spidey!

1 comment:

Hirsche Family said...

Geddy was very happy to see some new pictures of his cousins. He calls them Ja-ja and Nuh.