Monday, January 12, 2009

Ward Christmas Party



Backtracking a little to get Christmas up...too crazy at holiday time to get it done. Anyway, our ward technically had two parties...at the beginning of December they host a community Night in Bethlehem which was nicely done. Then, a couple of days before Christmas they have the regular ward party where families can do skits or sing songs, etc. and Santa comes to visit.

Our family did "The Little Drummer Boy." I played it on the piano, Brian and Joshua sang it and Nathaniel played a toy drum (that I'd taken the batteries out of beforehand). Nathaniel lasted about one verse before he took of crying for Mommy (Grandma saved him), but Joshua & Brian did a wonderful job. Hopefully, I'll find someone who took pictures of that part, because we didn't get any.


Brian sang "O Holy Night" and it was beautiful. Hopefully I'll learn to play it by next year.


Then it was time for Santa. The boys stood in line with their friends waiting for their chance to see Santa and get a Santa bag (in years past it was peanuts, an orange, a candy cane, a popcorn ball and some miscellaneous candies...this year the candy cane was switched out for a Twizzler (YUCK!), and there were rice crispy treats instead of popcorn balls).


Nathaniel was a little nervous, but later went back and hugged Santa.

No comments: