I have tried to post this several times, but Blogger (or our internet) has thwarted me every time!! I'm trying it one more time!
Life has been so crazy busy lately, that I never got back on here to post the pictures from our whirlwind trip to Utah at the beginning of the month. We all made it out there to surprise Brian's dad for his 70th birthday. We also managed to squeeze in a quick trip down to Provo to meet up with Carol & Geddy and give them some things they hadn't been able to take back on the plane last month when they'd been out for Carrie's wedding.



Also, we took the boys up to the Provo temple, showed them the MTC (Missionary Training Center) where both Brian and I had spent 2 months when we'd gone on our missions, drove around BYU so I could show them where I went to college, plus did drivebys of my old dorm and the apartment complexes that I'd lived in during my 4 years at BYU.


The boys at the Eyring Science Center at BYU
After that, we drove up to Salt Lake City for the initial surprise of Grandpa Val. He was very surprised!!

The Lookouts (Joshua, Nathaniel & Ashlynn)


The whole family (minus one grandson who arrived later that evening)The next day we did a short damp tour of Temple Square with the boys (rain didn't really want to go away). Then we all met up at Toucanos (a Brazilian restaurant that made Brian miss his mision) and had lunch. Even more family came to that!





After that we were able to meet up with a friend of mine from my mission...Carolina was the first person I taught on my mission. I hadn't seen her since I left Spain in February of 1997. She has since served a mission, married and now lives in Salt Lake with her husband and one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen!

After that we went to visit the Olivers - friends from our old Ward and old town who had moved to Utah a few months before we moved up here. It was so good to see them...we have missed them a lot.
Then it was back to Brian's brother's house for more food and family. We left Sunday morning for the long drive back and made it home with two sleeping boys and two sleepy parents. I don't know if I'd want to do this often (and definitely not more pregnant than I was at that point!) but hopefully the next time we make it out there we can have more than a couple of days so we can catch up with more family and friends and show the boys some of the places where their several greats grandparents (on Brian's side) lived.
3 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. That is awesome that you got to surprise Brian's dad like that.
Hey, I have a blogger tip for you. I use window's live writer to post my blogs. It is awesome. I can just click and drag all my pictures and whalla! All done. It's all done offline and then you just publish and it posts to your blog. here is the link to my sister's blog that gives the instructions. I think they still work. Give it a try. It is so nice because you don't have to hassel with trying to upload all you pictures on blogger.
oops, forgot to give you the link.
http://rnbsmith.blogspot.com/2008/06/windows-live-writer.html
What an awesome visit! I guess I miss Provo and all the memories. The last time I was there, Natalee was 1!
Post a Comment