
Today was Joshua's first day of second grade - finally!!! He's been ready to go back to school for a few weeks now. His teacher is Mr. Fasenfest and the whole 2nd grade is in one class this year (last year there was a 1st grade class and a 1/K combo)...I feel for the teacher...he has 28 (at least) students...I had 28 and sometimes more when I taught 4th grade...but at least at 4th grade they could be a little more independent than 2nd graders!
We're less than three weeks away from Thumpy's due date now...not that that really means anything since both boys were 5 days late. Due to my eleveated blood pressure at the beginning of the pregnancy (it's been fine the past few months, don't know if that is the medication they've had me on or what) I get to go to the hospital twice a week for fetal monitoring. Today was a monitoring day and Thumpy and I did fine...though I was having contractions about every 7 minutes or less for most of the time I was there...they did stop and I came home. Nathaniel is enjoying it because he gets to go to Great Grandma's when I go over. And as much as he loves Joshua, he prefers to go to Great Grandma's all by himself and was thrilled to get to be there by himself today. In fact, he's informed me that he can get there by himself, he knows how to get there and he can just walk, thank you very much. Can't get him happily convinced that it's about 15 miles to Great Grandma's and that's a long walk for a little boy (for anyone for that matter). When I came to pick him up, he thanked me for bringing him there. Cute kid!
3 comments:
Yeah Joshua! Did you tell him that Aunt Carol had Mr. Fasenfest for second Grade also? Glad Thumpy is doing well and nearing a grand entrance into the world. You do know you will still be calling he/she Thumpy even after birth right?
I didn't remember that you'd had Mr. Fasenfest...mom thought that it was Sarah or Carrie...maybe one of them did too. He wasn't teaching when I was in the lower grades. Mom thinks you might have been one of his first classes here. J was pretty excited when I told him...said he'll tell Mr. F that tomorrow :) I figure it'll be better to still call the baby Thumpy after birth than if we were 100% convinced it was a girl and kept calling her/him Grace and then we had a boy...still working on a boy name...
I'm pretty sure it was Sarah (I think she had either him or Mrs. Fasenfest). When I was in 2nd grade I wanted Mr. Fasenfest. Still kinda hoping Thumpy come before we come up in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment