(and no, this wasn't my first day there...it was actually taken on our last day there)
My awesome companion, Hermana Whitacre and I
Us again
The elders
The Hermanas
The whole DistrictFifteen years ago today (well, this afternoon), I entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah to prepare for my mission to the Spain Barcelona Mission. I'd graduated with a BS in Elementary Education from BYU just five days before. I remember being so incredibly nervous as I walked into the MTC with my family...and being a little sad as they left and I stayed. The two months there (and the ensuing 16months in Spain) had its ups and downs, but I would not trade the memories and experiences and wonderful Spirit I had during that time for anything. My mission blessed my life in ways that I could never have imagined...I only can hope that it blessed others too.

3 comments:
That means my 15 yr. was a couple of weeks ago. I thougth about it before hand, and after hand. What a great time that was! Loved every minute of it.
I was just thinking about how quickly time goes by with reference to both my 20 year class reunion and the MTC entry date 15 years ago (in Dec) that is crazy! I am glad we got to be in the mission together. They were wonderful and life altering times.
I just barely saw this, Beth. What a nice post! I feel the same as you; I was definitely changed and made better by my mission, and hope another was as well in some way. I really enjoyed our time together in the MTC, and learned a lot from our companionship! Abrazos, hermana, & I hope all goes well with insurance, doctors & your health!!
Post a Comment