Friday, August 13, 2010

this and that

Well, my surgery was postponed - approval from insurance didn't come through yet...they are very very slow! Yes, this is very very frustrating being as Brian starts class on Monday! And then Joshua starts 3rd grade the next week and Nathaniel starts preschool the day after that and that is followed by his 4th birthday.

Anyway, the other day we were driving around a bit after setting off some rockets at the high school practice field and ended up Old Etna at Grease Flats.



Building the rockets

Daddy helping Nathaniel "blast" one off

Joshua counting down to take off

Our rocketeers


Brian took the boys down to wade in Etna Creek while I sat in the car with sleeping Grace (that had been the goal of our driving around). Eventually she woke up and we walked down and joined them, but it was time to head home for dinner.



So Friday we took lunch and ate and waded and splashed around. The kids loved it...well, the boys loved it. Grace did not like it. She was tired and the water was cold.

As soon as we got home, I fed her a jar of food and then handed her her bottle while I went to the bathroom...when I came out - this is what I found:

she was kind of tired.

And here is a link to the little blurb that I sent in to the local newspaper about Joshua's lemonade stand:
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/photos/x1351155078/Siskiyou-Seen?foto=8

1 comment:

alison said...

Cute. LOVE the poster in the background of Joshua's newspaper picture!! (Wasn't sure he was selling lemonade at first.) ;)