Monday, November 15, 2010

Borrowing a "Bright Idea"


LDS.org - Friend Article - Bright Idea

The Friend started printing these great little posters this year. (At least I think they just started this year). After Joshua has read each Friend 3-? times, I tear it apart, pull out stuff for Family Home Evenings, talks, the little activities for the boys to do during Sacrament Meeting, etc.

Last week I decided that we were going to post one in the dining room each week and recite it and talk about it over breakfast. Well, we did great the first morning. And one other morning we talked about it. Between rush for getting to school and most of being sick throughout the week, we didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, but it's a start. And best of all, each boy memorized the short little scripture (or portion of the scripture) that went with it. Of course, for Joshua, this wasn't too hard, but with Nathaniel being quite a bit younger, I wasn't sure how he'd do - and no, problems. He memorized it almost as fast as Joshua!

1 comment:

Carla Gull said...

Isn't that cool? I've been working on Articles of Faith with our 4 and 6 year old boys. They've gotten through 3, but think the others are kind of long. Need to get back to it a little more. Love the one you picked. We did an armor of righteousness FHE recently. The boys loved it!