Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today...

Joshua had to go get a filling (hopefully the last one for a very long time!!!) early this morning. So Grace and Nathaniel got to go to Great-Grandma Darlene's. They love going to her house...whenever I tell Grace she's going to Grandma Darlene's she says, "Woo-hoo!" It's so cute :)
Nathaniel likes to go and put out feed for the wild turkeys on the hill.
Grandma asked me if I could bring my camera the next time we came down and take some pictures of her gorgeous poppies. I just happened to have my camera with me today, so I took the pictures today.
Later in the afternoon she came up to talk to Mom and I was able to show her the pictures and then we compared this year's pictures of the poppies with the pictures I took last year (on June 5th)...last year's poppies were just a little darker orange for some reason.
I love getting Mom's old playhouse (now used as a shed) in pictures. It's an old weathered building and just adds so much to the pictures weather it's of flowers or of the kids.



The bees were really buzzing around the flowers this morning...it took me a bit to convince the boys to stand in front of them for a picture!

This yellow rose is an old one grandma said. I believe she said it came from the Rainbow Mine. I'll have to double check that with her...and find out where it was.



Grandma's iris are always perfect. I take pictures every year that I can...and then put them on cards.

Grandma calls this a rocket flower and told me that it came from my Great-Grandma Beryl's yard in Greenview. We later took some and put on Grandma Beryl's grave, Grandpa George's grave and the graves of all three of their children. Joshua thought it was nice to put a little something from their earthly home on their graves.
I love that there is so much family history in this valley for me...even in the flowers!

Grace wasn't sure why I was taking her picture...she's as pretty as the flowers!


Trying to get all three to smile and look at the camera at the same time - pretty much impossible!

The kids and their great grandma...and flowers to go share with the relatives in the cemetery.

1 comment:

Annessa said...

What a special post! The flowers, and kids, are gorgeous.