Friday, March 29, 2013

Doc McGrace

While cleaning last week, I came across my old monkey puppet...and it's felt nose was mostly off. Grace said we had to fix it...RIGHT NOW.
I told her I didn't know if I had any fabric glue, but we'd look.
I did...pretty congealed, but thanks to a handy q-tip, I got enough out and on the back of the nose to stick it down to ol' monkey man's face.
I placed it on my bed and told her it needed to stay still so it would stick right.
Well, being as one of her favorite shows in the world right now is Doc McStuffins on Disney, she knew just what she needed to do to make this puppet get better fast...

Pillow, mattress and blanket were necessary...

...and thank goodness she has not one, but TWO doctor kits (one a hand-me-down from Joshua and the other I think is hers...or maybe it was Nathaniel's...I can't remember...everything eventually winds up all together in one room or another...yet still, the boys seem to know exactly what Hot Wheel or Star Wars guy belongs to who (whom?) and when they got it...go figure)

While singing Doc's theme song (It's time for your check-up, time for your check-up...let's see how much you've grooooowwwwnnn...yep, if you are familiar with this show the song is now stuck in your head :) sorry)...checking his ears (lint...not unexpected...he is over 30 years old...)


(My favorite picture of the whole sequence)
Checking his heartbeat...like every good nurse or doctor will do (never could understand what the scarf was for)...just like Daddy does.



"Look momma, he's sick...it's got a sad face." Poor monkey - his nose starts to fall off and he runs a temperature!


I missed getting a picture of taking poor monkey's blood pressure - with no arms I told her she really didn't need too...so she wrapped it around his "body" (with Nathaniel's help...he was home sick from school that day).
But in the end he needed a shot in the head and a bandaid on his nose...which she removed after just a few seconds and said he was better and just needed to rest for a little while.
Then it was off to a new adventure...

3 comments:

Hirsche Family said...

Hilarious! Didn't she get a doctor kit from Uncle Brian and Aunt Linda when we were out there and the boys got Legos? Tell her she did a great job fixing that monkey. Maybe I should send her my old lion puppet to doctor (I think I got it at the same time).

Hirsche Family said...

Hilarious! Didn't she get a doctor kit from Uncle Brian and Aunt Linda when we were out there and the boys got Legos? Tell her she did a great job fixing that monkey. Maybe I should send her my old lion puppet to doctor (I think I got it at the same time).

Lee Family said...

That's right...things were so crazy then - with moving and everything, I couldn't remember for sure. Send the lion - I'm pretty sure he's the same age as the monkey - she'll fix him up ;)