Friday, March 2, 2007

In Like a Lamb

Our March came in like a lamb...a little cloudy and cool, but otherwise pretty calm...no rain or wind or anything "WILD". All in all we've had a pretty mild winter. With the storms the past week or so, we're not quite so worried about a dry summer since the Sierras have accumulated quite a bit of snow. We're supposed to be in the mid to upper 60s this weekend...that will be nice.





Nathaniel hit a big milestone on Tuesday - 6 MONTHS!!! It's hard to believe that it has already been 6 months since he was born. Time surely does fly. He weighed in a little over 17 pounds and close to 28 inches long. He is getting a hang of his crawling - even got up on all fours some the past couple of days. He moves faster when he does his commando-style crawling, so prefers that. He's discovered the linoleum in the entryway and loves to crawl over and hit it - just like Joshua did. And he's found that under the piano is fun...there are pedals to gnaw on and it's hard for Mommy to grab him quickly when he gets under there. And of course, he's discovered that if he goes far enough, he gets into a different room...he's explored the dining room a couple of times. He tries to "run away" from us by scooting faster, but we still manage to catch him. His two bottom front teeth are working at coming in...the fast the better I say - then maybe he'll go back to sleeping all night (yeah, right, who am I kidding!)




Joshua is growing fast too...hard to believe in a little less than 2 months he'll be five already - where do the years go!? We still do preschool work - a little too sporadically for what I'd like, but he's got an incredible memory and remembers stuff we did months ago like he'd just done it the day before. We're working on some basic Spanish...a couple of weeks ago we taught him how to play the card game UNO...now that he's got it down in English, we've switched to Spanish. He's got the colors down and almost all the numbers. Next, Portuguese :) He likes trying to read and sound out words - in English. He sounds out things pretty well...but all the crazy English rules (and exceptions to said rules) through a kink in things sometimes.


Yesterday Mommy had a melt-down...lack of sleep and trying to get a lot of things done in a short amount of time with a fussy teething baby and an almost 5 year old who is a question machine and bottomless pit. After the 5th "I'm starving what can I have to eat" (when he'd eaten just a short time before) Mommy blew up and Joshua quickly retreated to his room to read. Once I got Nathaniel changed (one of the umpteen things I was trying to do) and all, I plopped him in the crib and sat down on Joshua's bed with him. I pulled him into my lap and cuddle him for awhile - he's getting too big for my lap - when did that happen! We sat like that for a little while and I apologized. He put his arms around my neck and said, "That's okay Mommy...I still love you." Not much makes me cry...but that sure did. Nothing humbles you more than your children - that's for sure.




Today is clean the computer room day. I finally got the dining room table cleaned off yesterday so Brian could have his Elders Quorum presidency meeting...stuff got piled on it when we were all sick last month and we just ignored it for awhile. But I ended up piling some stuff on my scrapbooking desk. And I have some projects that I need to work on, so the desk needs cleared off. And Joshua needs his part for preschool.

No comments: