The past few days have brought us lovely spring weather with highs in the 70s. No complaints from us!! It's been nice to not have to run the heat...and to be able to have the windows open and get some fresh air in the house. The trees are in full bloom all around, which makes it fun for us allergy sufferers, but it smells so nice! Yesterday, I went to a Creative Memories open house that a friend in Davis was holding. I took Nathaniel with me and Brian took Joshua to a nearby park. Nathaniel and I walked over and met them when we were finished. Joshua was building a sand castle in the sandbox with some other kids...he has no problems making friends wherever he goes! He and Brian also flew some large styrofoam airplanes that Brian had picked up at the Dollar store (even after 10+ being home from Spain, I still want to call them Cien Stores). All three of us tossed a frisbee around and had fun...Nathaniel was content to sit in the stroller and suck on his toes and watch us. It was a nice way to spend a few hours in the afternoon - we'd spent the morning doing stuff around the house and getting ready for a yardsale next Saturday.
Joshua got to give a talk in Primary again today - that's his second talk since January. His topic was "My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep His commandments." Of course, Mommy & Daddy forgot about helping him with this until this morning...he decided to sing the song"Nephi's Courage" which was perfect since the chorus says, "I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands." He sang the song beautifully - thank goodness he's inherited Brian's vocal skills and not mine!
Nathaniel is no longer toothless! His lower right front tooth broke through the gum today...and the left lower front tooth is almost through too. Hopefully teething will get a little better as they come in further (yeah right, who am I kidding!) He's beat Joshua by a good two months...Joshua was about 8.5 months when he got his first tooth...Nathaniel isn't quite 6.5 months yet. His new form of entertainment for his big brother involves blowing bubbles. Between teething and the cold that we've all relapsed with, Nathaniel has had quite a runny nose. The other day Joshua was amazed because Nathaniel had blown a bubble with his nose! The joys of boys!!We have one spring flower this year. Last summer, Brian ripped out all of my flower beds for the most part and redid them for more "curb appeal" when we had the house on the market. They looked great...until the nastier than normal freeze hit in January. Most of the plants we put in probably didn't make it through the winter. We'd had a bunch of tulips, daffodils and a few hyacinths planted in one of our beds. He thought he'd gotten all of the bulbs out. Well, a couple of weeks ago I saw this peeking out from under the edge of the rocks.
This week we had three daffodils bloom...what persistence and strength to push out from underneath the weed prevention paper and rocks and strain toward the sunlight and air. Brian plans on pulling them out after the blooms die, so I wanted to capture them on "film" (or memory card)...to help me to always remember, even on dark days, to push toward the light, no matter how hard it seems because in the end it is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment