
Today I dressed the boys in matching shirts that Grandma Lorrayne gave them at Easter time. Quickly, before we headed to Storytime at the library, I had them sit down in front of the tree in the front yard. The lawn really needs to be mowed, but between being gone for Easter weekend and then last Saturday having pouring rain for a good part of the day, it's a little long. (I decided to pretend that they're sitting in a meadow...that always makes for a good picture...if it wasn't for the ADT sign, flower pots, side of the house and garden hose in the far background) It's nearly impossible to get both boys looking at the camera and smiling (a real smile in Joshua's case) at the same time. I think I'd have a better chance at winning the lottery (if I played it) than I do of getting them both to look at me, smile and hold it for three seconds while I take a picture, especially at these ages. I did get one pretty decent picture of both of them looking and smiling...except it's one of Joshua's forced smiles and he isn't really looking at the camera, he's looking out of the corner of his eye toward the street. But Nathaniel looks cute. >
This second picture is my favorite of them...Joshua is tickling Nathaniel's foot with a tall piece of grass (okay, it's probably really a weed) and you can tell they are both laughing. The expression on Nathaniel's face is just priceless.
This second picture is my favorite of them...Joshua is tickling Nathaniel's foot with a tall piece of grass (okay, it's probably really a weed) and you can tell they are both laughing. The expression on Nathaniel's face is just priceless. I was going to try again later, but the lighting was wrong later on and people were grumpy (all 3 of us), so these will have to do it for now.
1 comment:
Funny, I've had the same experience trying to get my kids to smile at the same time. If you think 2 is hard, try 4! : ) I can't imagine more.... Jaron has a forced smile as well. Your boys are DARLING...and those outfits are great! This post put a huge grin on my face.
Post a Comment