Man, a lot has gone on in the past week. I'll have to do a couple of catch-up posts to get it all in!
Last Saturday was Youth Day here in our little town. There's a kiddie parade, followed by the big parade and then booths, food and activities at the city park. There are other activities also, but we didn't hang around for them. The Friday before Youth Day, high school kids are "elected" to run the town for the day. Everyone seems to enjoy themselves. This was my third time (in 10 years) of going to the parade and my 3rd time of going to the park. Before I met Brian, I went to the parade with some friends and walked over to the park. The year I was expecting Joshua we went to the park and walked around - trying to convince him to come out since he was already a day or so late. It didn't really help because he still held out (held on?) for a couple more days. The next year I took Joshua to the parade with a couple of friends, but Brian was at a class. Every year we seem to be busy with something (especially since it almost always falls on Joshua's birthday weekend) so we never make it. This year nothing was planned, and we made sure to attend. Joshua loved it
The night before Youth Day was a scrapbook crop at the church that I was in charge of. It was fun...Carrie was over for a couple of days and went with me. A couple women from church came and one of my friends and former co-workers. So there wasn't a huge turn-out, but hopefully, as we continue to have these nights, our attendance will increase. It's just nice to get out and visit for a few hours without having to talk over and around kids and all. On Friday Nathaniel also hit the 8 month mark. He is trying like crazy to get up the confidence to walk. He lets go of things and then grabs them quickly and cruises along and boy is he fast!
Well, that's all until I get to Joshua's birthday post in a little while. Nathaniel just woke up from a nap and Carrie's over again this weekend and took Joshua to a playgroup at the church. They're not back yet so maybe that means someone who is closer to Joshua's age came too...last time we went there were 3 babies, 3 2 year olds and Joshua. He did okay but as we left said it was boring playing with a bunch of babies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment