One of my favorite spring flowers is the iris. We had iris in our yard when I was growing up for as long as I can remember...Grandma Darlene had a lot too. Some of our different bulbs came from her mother, Grandma Nellie. Our first spring in this house, I planted iris. We had some beautiful ones. My favorite was a white one that was a "descendant" from my great-grandmother's. Last spring we dug them all up since we were redoing the front yard in hopes of moving. We didn't move, but with a new baby and all, I didn't get them replanted last fall. Last week, I replanted a few. I missed my iris this year and caught myself really looking for them around town and checking out the different varities in different yards. Last weekend when we were up visiting my parents and grandmother, Brian and I took pictures of some of their different flowers. I did this several years ago and have made some pretty cards with them. I'll probably do that with these new pictures one of these days. Here are some of my favorites from Grandma Darlene's yard:
And here are some of my favorites from Mom's yard:
Anyway, I just cleaned the hamster cage - ick!! I keep threatening to give her to the cat as a snack, and somedays Joshua agrees with me. Especially since Nathaniel can now reach where we keep her cage and there is really no other place to put it. I'd so love to be down to just one pet - the cat. She's so low maintenance! Anyway, it smells better in the computer/school/scrapbook/craft room now. I'd better go get us some lunch. Nathaniel napped for about 40 minutes - almost long enough for me to get the cage cleaned and put back together (I'd have been done if I'd been able to remember where I'd put the liners for the cage!) I need to clean the sink out once again...I cleaned it right before we left for the weekend with Soft Scrub. I love that stuff...makes the sink nice and shiny and white. For some reason it seems to brighten up the whole room. If the boys cooperate with me later on today, maybe I'll have a chance to post some pictures from our Memorial Day weekend.
Well, I'm having issues uploading photos right now, so I'll have to add the rest later when this machine cooperates!

No comments:
Post a Comment