Well, Nathaniel has discovered what it is to be a ham. He's always liked to have his picture taken, but he's taking it to new heights now...he makes the silliest faces when I go to take his picture...or just to make us laugh. He is such a goofy boy!
The poor kid's been sick lately...first it was pink eye and ear infections (both eyes and both ears).
Drops seemed to take care of the pink eye, but the first round of antibiotics didn't take care of the ear infections, so he's on a second kind of antibiotics now (with today being the last day - yay!!) and hopefully that will do the trick. Except now, he's got a cold again. Both he and Brian have been hit, again. He just woke up from a very short, barely an hour nap...so congested he doesn't sleep well.
Luckily, Joshua has been healthy! He's doing very well in school and is just finishing up studying plants (they planted sunflowers) and now, he says, they're learning about leones (lions).
Tomorrow we get to go have an ultrasound that will tell us exactly how far along #3 is. This is our second trip to Sacramento this week. Last week, when I had my first prenatal visit my blood pressure was high (138/98). My dr. was, of course, not happy with that - neither was I. I'd never had high blood pressure with either of the boys. But my BP at my physical in September was a little high. Well, with my family history of hypertension, it's not a huge surprise. However, because my dr. is a family practice dr. she has now referred me to OBs in Sacramento. (I went in last Friday for a BP check & it was still high, though not so bad). Tuesday I had my first visit to the OBs office in Sac...with a nurse...and my BP was fine, but they're not going to refer me back to Davis, I doubt. We've been monitoring my BP at home and it's gotten a little lower, but still in the high 80s. For now they've just told me to cut my salt intake and exercise. I've been walking to pick Joshua up from school most days...which is causing havoc with my allergies because EVERYTHING is blooming here - trees & flowers. Today is pretty windy and between my allergies & Nathaniel's cold, we're probably going to have to skip the walk today.
Nothing else overly exciting going on here...now I'll just add pictures. I have to laugh...it seems that Carol & I always end up updating our blogs on the same day...great minds think alike!
No comments:
Post a Comment