Joshua has had swimming lessons for the past 4 weeks. We signed him up for two sessions and it has been wonderful for him (not so much for Nathaniel and I who have to sit in the hot sun and watch him) and he has improved so much in his swimming. He's finally figured out that if he puts his face & head in the water as he swims that he actually swims better!
I was a slacker this year and took no pictures of him during his lessons...too hot, didn't feel good, etc. So I made sure to get one picture of him today. I wanted to get him diving, but he dove as I got the stroller and Nathaniel positioned and then the next time the teacher just had them jump in and that was it - they were done. So I took a picture of him in front of the pool sign so we'd have that for posterity :) After the 1st two week session the kids, er...teachers...handed out Otter Pops with the certificates. This time they got Chips Ahoy cookies. That was fine with Joshua - I took them to the deli downtown for ice cream cones afterwards. Unfortunately, Joshua's got his mouth full of cookie when I took the pictures, but I was hot & Nathaniel was grouchy, so I really didn't care. 
This last picture is how Nathaniel fell asleep yesterday afternoon about 3:30...well past when I'd like him to take a nap. Today, we just aren't letting him nap. Right now the boys are playing the piano...so I can go make dinner. I didn't leave Nathaniel here - I did move him to a blanket on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment