Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We made it...




About 9 pm Sunday evening, we pulled into the driveway at Mom & Dad's...about 4 hours past when we'd planned. But we made it. The boys and I will head back down to Winters on Thursday with Brian when he goes back to work so that we can pack more stuff. So much fun.

We got Joshua registered for first grade at Etna Elementary School yesterday. Hopefully he'll be in the 1/2 combo class...there's no straight 1st grade class this year - a Kindergarten/1st combo and a 1st/2nd combo. After that Brian headed to Weed to buy his books, take care of financial aid and stuff like that. The boys and I went to the post office and filled out the stuff for our box. Thank goodness for small towns...I don't have anything with our physical address here...but they took my driver's license for ID and then took into account that we're living with my parents and they know them and they know me, so all worked out. Then we went to the library and got library cards. The librarian told me no problem to use it on-line...but it won't work with out a PIN so I need to go back today and set that up.


We had rain yesterday...about 10 minute of a downpour. The boys and I sat on the porch and watched :)


Today is more unpacking, going back to the library to get PIN numbers and for Nathaniel, more OUTSIDE time. He's just not quite big enough to turn lose, like Joshua is.


On Sunday, before we left Winters, Nathaniel surprised/impressed/frightened us all with his new "skill"...he climbed the ladder of the bunk bed in about 10 seconds, sat himself down on Joshua's bed and grinned down at us. So, Jungle Boy, now thinks he can climb anything. Yesterday, while Joshua was on his bed arranging his stuffed animals, Nathaniel quickly climbed up to join him. They were being cute, so I took a couple of pictures, and then took Nathaniel down and after Joshua finished up, put the ladder up on the bed. Jungle Boy has no fear at all, so I'm sure he'd think he could just jump down!


Later, after Brian was back from school and stuff, we moved some dressers around...Nathaniel had to "help" with that :)

1 comment:

Annessa said...

So cute to have your little helper!