Yeah, I guess I haven't blogged about that, but I think that everyone that reads this already knows. We came to the decision about 3 weeks ago (or maybe less) that we were going to move to Etna, live with my parents for awhile and Brian was going to go back to school at College of the Siskiyous to get all of his GEs out of the way so he can transfer to a 4 year school (UCDavis hopefully) in a few years. It was a plan we'd had, but then his being put in the bishopric in April made us rethink things, but then we had to rethink things again and take that big huge leap of faith. So Sunday (yes, just a few days from now) after we speak in Sacrament meeting & Brian gets released, we will load up the cars, get the kids and cat settled and head north. Brian will continue to work down here on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, so we're not taking everything at once from our house...we've got a little over a month to get all that taken care of. He'll have classes 2 nights a week and also have 2 internet classes. Joshua will start 1st grade on the 27th - Nathaniel's 2nd birthday. School has already started here in Winters, so Joshua's getting a couple of extra weeks of vacation and thinks that is great!
I'm hating the packing. Who could believe that 4 people in 8 years could accumulate this much stuff! Sometimes, being a packrat is really not a good thing. Luckily, Joshua & Nathaniel have been able to go play with their friend Cole the past couple of days (thank you Kathie!!!) and tomorrow Aunt Carrie & Aunt Sarah are going to come out to help pack/play with their nephews. That will really help.
I for one am excited to go back to my hometown. I've done the "city" life (not that most would consider Winters a huge metropolis, but hey...it's got TWO stoplights now...that's progress from the 1 blinking light that was here when I moved here almost exactly 11 years ago) for quite some time. This will be a nice change for all of us...and the boys can experience instead of just visit the area where their mom, grandma, great-grandpa, great-great grandparents & yes, even some great-great-great grandparents grew up and lived. So, that's what we're doing. And of course, we'll continue to share our adventures with everyone via this blog.

The house I grew up in where we'll soon be...August 1992...different cars & a new paint job since then...

A more recent picture of the house...current paint scheme and yes, it does snow there in the Winter...that's what really cinched the deal for Joshua when we told him we were moving...wait until he gets to walk home from school in it, then he might change his mind!
2 comments:
Good luck with everything, Beth!! I'm sure it will be a blessing to have your parents & your boys being able to interact with each other on a daily basis...they look like they're very sweet with them. Moving really stinks, but then it's over and life becomes great again! Oh, and thanks for remembering i'm older. ;)
It's fun to see a picture of where you're going to.
Post a Comment