Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall in the Valley

between Fort Jones & Greenview

A totally gorgeous fall plus a new camera equals fun for me :) We've needed a new camera since January when Brian took the boys up to the snow in the Sierras and our camera decided to play in the snow also. It continued to take pictures, but nothing that needed to be zoomed for - those turned a funky color. We were just able to get a new one last week and it ZOOMS!!!! I'm so excited. And it zooms wonderfully! For those familiar with our area...these following pictures were taken from the middle of the high school baseball field (where Joshua's soccer games were played) and I zoomed into the mountains across the valley (I can't remember how many miles across it is...not too many).

Anyway, I'm loving fall up here. I don't remember fall colors like this from growing up, but maybe I just never noticed because they were here all the time and after being away from so many years and not having colors quite like this in Winters, I'm just super-concious of them.

Also this weekend, we finished the apple "harvest" Mom, Dad, Brian and Joshua cleaned out the tree. Nathaniel had to come in as he 1) wouldn't stay out of the street and 2) decided to pick up the nice shiny black "pebbles" that the deer leave in little piles.


Yep, it was time to come inside and help Mommy make applesauce! He couldn't figure out why I grabbed his hand so quickly and drug him into the house so I could scrub it. He didn't see what was dirty :)

No comments: