Something new (for me) in our little town is the Veteran's Day Parade that is held the Saturday before Veteran's Day. From what my mom said, it something that they did when SHE was a kid, but when I was a kid it wasn't done. This was their 7th or 8th year (depending on who you listen to) of doing it. Mom, the boys and sat on the curb along Main Street and watched the parade - Dad was marching in it with the American Legion.
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
The Cub Scout & Boy Scout troops from our Ward marched in it, and their were a few groups of horses (the boys LOVED that), some Christian motorcycle group, FFA & 4-H, and veterans from WW II era up to present day. Two girls (I guess I should say women) that were freshman when I was a senior were in it as both are now veterans.
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
Etna City Hall+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
Overall it was a neat experience...and luckily it didn't rain. The sidewalk wasn't even that damp where we were sitting, just cold!
4 comments:
Looks like fun! I take it the school took the day off...that's nice!! I just tried to email you, but the address i've got must be outdated. I just changed our blogspot address. Now, it's www.sixredheads.blogspot.com. Abrazos!
What two girls that were freshmen when you were a senior?
Hi I don't know if you remember me but I'm Tammy Hildebrand-Eastlick. I found your blog through Carrie's. I hope you don't mind. My husband Steve and I live in Bakersfield, and my parents are still in Etna. So it's nice to be able to see pictures and stories from home/Etna. Thanks for sharing.
I remember when the first started the parade back up. I got to make popcorn at the theater...they had some sort of patriotic show or something going on after the parade. I think that was the first one.
Post a Comment