The first day of winter might not be officially until Sunday, but it's already hit here. This is what we woke up to Monday morning...


I was so thrilled...I was teaching Joshua's class on Monday and knew that the kids would be pretty hyped up with it being the first real snow of the season. Yeah, you'd have thought that it was the first snow for all 18 kids in the class instead of just Joshua! Of course, it hasn't gotten warm enough to really melt any of it and today, we're getting more. Luckily, it hasn't gotten too heavy and Brian made it through the canyon with no problem. Hopefully he'll be as lucky Saturday night coming home.

The view: The pond across the street (above) Looking up the hill/street (below)



I was so thrilled...I was teaching Joshua's class on Monday and knew that the kids would be pretty hyped up with it being the first real snow of the season. Yeah, you'd have thought that it was the first snow for all 18 kids in the class instead of just Joshua! Of course, it hasn't gotten warm enough to really melt any of it and today, we're getting more. Luckily, it hasn't gotten too heavy and Brian made it through the canyon with no problem. Hopefully he'll be as lucky Saturday night coming home.
Shadow is less than thrilled with this nasty icky wet cold white stuff (probably because not only do her paws get wet but she's so fat that her belly drags in it). I was hoping to get a couple pictures of her out in the snow, but this is the best I could do...she makes a beeline from the garage door to the back door with no side trips up to the yard. The first morning was hysterical...she tried to figure out how to get from point A to point B without dampening her dainty little paws...ain't possible, but she sure tried. She is happy to spend a good part of her day in her favorite spot - snoozing among the stuffed animals on Nathaniel's bottom bunk. It's like a warm cozy little cave and she'd stay there all day if it wasn't for a few items - hunger (which is obviously a problem for her, because you can tell that she's wasting a way and we never feed her) and Nathaniel.
The view: The pond across the street (above) Looking up the hill/street (below)
Nathaniel has been dying to get in the snow...Monday when I came home from teaching, he was with Joshua & I because Brian had dropped him off while I picked up the classroom because he had to meet with a professor in Yreka. As we walked down the driveway, Nathaniel grabbed a handful of snow, held it for a few seconds and then dropped it and informed me it was "Too pold!" (His hard 'c' sounds like a 'p') That took care of him wanting to go outside. Well, today, I had a yarn emergency and needed some yarn for the project I'm knitting for Brian for Christmas. So we ran to Grandma's to see if she had anything that would work - and she did. Her yarn selection is closer, better and more economical than Walmarts! We did stay long because the snow was starting to come down harder and my little car doesn't have snow tires or anything like that. When we got home, Nathaniel decided he was going to play a bit in the driveway. Poor kid...his sweats were shoved up practically to his knees from getting out of the car but I didn't notice until I took the picture. 
Telling Mom "No" when she asked me to come back down to her...

Telling Mom "No" when she asked me to come back down to her...

I love this picture...but unfortunately I slid a bit on the ice as I took it and it went blurry...still, he's got a cute smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment