I decided I'd better get the pictures posted from Nathaniel's birthday ASAP since this weekend we celebrate Grace's first birthday. Having your birthday right by the first days of school makes things interesting!Nathaniel actually started celebrating his birthday on the 26th. He got to take cookies (he picked Chips Ahoy) to preschool on his very first day! Due to lots of reasons, you can no longer take home baked treats to school for birthdays or parties any more :( But they enjoyed the Chips Ahoys.



I did remember to take pictures of him on his birthday like I do every year. We did our photo shoot in the backyard and here are a few favorites.
On his actual birthday he opened just a couple of presents in the evening...late in the evening. We had an ice cream social at church that night (good planning Activities Committee person! Oh wait, that's me!) and every one sang Happy Birthday to him...he liked that. When we finally got cleaned up and came home and got everyone in pajamas, he got to open up two presents. One from Mommy, Daddy, Joshua & Grace and one from Grandma and Grandpa. He was very excited about both of them.
He had seen this knight, dragon and castle at Walmart months ago and wanted to buy it. I happened to remember it on his birthday and Daddy was able to pick it up on his way home from school that afternoon - it was the only thing he'd wanted and he told us when he opened it: "You remembered it's what I've been wanting forever! You're a genius!"
Grandma & Grandpa got him his own remote control truck...Joshua has one that he got for Christmas...now they can drive them together.
Lots of things were going on Saturday, so we celebrated with cake & homemade ice cream on Sunday...with Great-Grandma Darlene. Her birthday was later in the week so we combined them. +Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
Grandma with all three kidsNathaniel got a bunch of new clothes for school & some pajamas. He also got a Leapster and a couple of games that are helping him learn his letter sounds and math.
His cake was interesting...I'd asked him a few weeks before what he wanted and he told me he wanted a cake with his family on it hugging and kissing. I thought that was an interesting request from a four year old. Well, as the weeks went by I'd ask him again and he'd tell me "I already told you - you and daddy and me and joshua and grace hugging and kissing!" And he'd give me this look like, "Get it through your head, woman, how many time do I have to tell you this?!"
So this is what I came up with...I used Nilla wafers for the faces and frosting and sprinkles and cookie crumbs for faces & hair. Not professional, but he loved it (I turned the T shirt cake pan into a tree (family tree) and added grandmas & grandpas up on top.).
When he blew out the candle we told him to make a wish. He gave me hug and said "I got my wish, Mommy, because you made me the cake I always wanted with us hugging and kissing!" So I guess we're doing something right and he knows he is well loved!>
It is so incredible to me to see how fast he has grown up! He celebrated his 2nd birthday just a week or so after we moved up here. He is just such an amazing kid. He is our sunshine boy and loves everyone. He loves to hug all of his favorite people - and there's quite a list of them at church that he must hug each week...and people look forward to their greeting from Nathaniel! He can get pouty & grumpy, but it's not long before the sunshine of his smile peaks out from gloomy mood. WE LOVE YOU NATHANIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment