Nathaniel's new elementary school has one big fundraiser every year - a jog-a-thon. They get sponsors or donations for every lap they run. We weren't sure how many Nathaniel would be able to run as he'd missed over a week of school prior to the event due to his double ear infection and strep throat. It happened to be a day when Dad was home, so he had three people cheering him on. Grace and I even ran a few laps with him and Brian helped count laps. Nathaniel ended up running 11 laps around the course that was set up! He was pretty excited. He was the only one that had a cheering section with a poster :) The school's goal was to raise $20,000 dollars and they raised $25,700.65! Impressive. He won several prizes and got to go to the Fun House party last Friday - batting cage, blow up fun house, bingo, a movie and pizza and ice cream afterwards. I think there were some other activities in there, but I can't remember all of them.
I went for the last hour or so and sat with him and his friends while they ate pizza and ice cream. It was good to see him talking and laughing with some kids. He has been having such a hard time adjusting to pretty much everything lately, that it made me happy to see the old Nathaniel peeking through - we're not seeing much of that at all most days.
 |
| Silly kid pretending to hold up the basket on the wall...this was after his party last week - I wanted to get a picture of him by their earnings chart :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment