Sunday, August 12, 2007

Catch-up

Well, I never did get back to adding more beach pictures. Last week got crazy. I had an interview for a part-time "independent contracting" job through the Friends of the Library - main focus to get outreach programs to the Hispanic community. I should hear this week if I made it to the final cut. I so hope so. It would be the perfect job and I'm qualified for it. Wednesday I ended up going to the dr. for a "girl thing" and got some medication and it was better by Thursday. Which was good because as I was tying Joshua's shoes to go to the bounce house place with his friend Bradlely, I bumped myself and said, "Oh great, a blocked duct again!" Nathaniel is trying to wean himself somedays and other days he doesn't so the whole milk production thing is getting messed up. Well, by the time we got home from the bounce house and errands I was really hurting. Then we went over to Sacramento to see Brian's niece's new baby and by that time I was feeling really bad...achy and chilled. By the time we made it back to Davis it was past dinner time, we stopped at Applebees and Brian took the boys in and I tried to get something out, because Nathaniel had refused to nurse on the sore side two or three times. What I got out was thick and yellow...gross! So it was more than a blocked duct, it was an infection. I called our bishop who is also Brian's doctor and kind of my back-up doctor. He called in an antibiotic for me which we picked up on the way home. Thank goodness Carrie didn't have to work until Friday evening. She came out Thursday night, got Nathaniel to sleep and then took care of the boys until she had to go to work Friday afternoon. I was able to sleep and rest which helped a lot - especially since I was running a fever over 102 for awhile that day. I'm feeling much better now. Fever is gone. Aches and pains (except for the infected area) are gone. Appetite is starting to come back and energy level is kind of coming back. Actually a lot of the redness and stuff is going away too. I'm hoping to get in to see my doctor tomorrow morning or late afternoon (Joshua has kindergarten orientation in the early afternoon) just to make sure everything is getting better as it should be. I had one of these with Joshua, but he was only about 6 weeks old when it happened, not two weeks shy of his first birthday.

As I mentioned above, Brian is now a great-uncle. Which he thinks is weird at 32. But it's even weirder for him to think of his brother as a grandfather and his dad as a great-grandfather. Zachary Blair was born on August 9th and weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and is 18" long. He's cute...and so tiny!! I haven't held a baby that small since Carrie was born and that was over 22 years ago. My two "giants" (in comparison) were 9lbs and 9lbs 6 oz. BIG difference (also 22.5 and 21 inches long).


Here are some pictures of Nathaniel eating spaghetti. This is from last week - after we got home from the beach. He'd never really had spaghetti before and boy did he enjoy it!













No comments: