Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Today was the Day!!!!!!!!!!!!







Today was the big day...the first day of kindergarten! My how the years have flown. It was almost exactly 10 years ago that I had my first day of school (as a teacher) at the very same school. Joshua was so nonchalant about the whole thing, "Bye, Mom, see ya'." I sure hope he's having fun right now. He got to play for a few minutes on the playground before it was time to line up and follow Sra. Gonzalez to class.



Make a PhotoShow Full Size
Nathaniel wasn't too sure about leaving him there, though. He kept looking over to Joshua's seat as I buckled him into his carseat as if to say, "Where's my big brother? Mommy, you're forgetting something!" He fell asleep on the way home (such a long drive - I think it's half a mile...I need to clock it because once it cools off, Nathaniel and I will walk over and pick him up at the end of the day.), poor baby. He was sniffly and had a runny nose yesterday evening...and woke up at 2 am with a fever. Finally got him in bed after 4 - in time for me to take my medication - and he woke back up at 6 when Brian's alarm went off. Yes, it's been a long day. But he's been sleeping for over an hour now. At least his fever is gone. Some friend dropped off a little gift for Joshua on our doorstep this morning...he was so excited! If you read this blog and you are the wonderful friend - THANK YOU!!! We have several ideas, but no real idea who it was.

















Yesterday was kindergarten orientation...the parents' portion was a waste of time...the stuff that was reviewed was stuff that we'd heard at several meetings in the spring as well as read in at least two newsletters that were sent home. Luckily, Joshua enjoyed himself more and met some of his classmates, his teacher and explored his classroom a little bit. We took a couple of pictures of him with his class list at the front of the school (we'd been going to go look at it on Friday, but since Mommy was out of commission, that didn't happen until yesterday.)








I even managed to dress him coordinating colors with the paper they used - what are the odds :)







1 comment:

Morningside Blogger said...

Isn't it scary how fast time goes by? Savor each moment.... Joshua is so darling. I know he'll have a great year. His smile is contagious!