Thursday, October 18, 2007

Craft Fair Photos

open explosion album

closed explosion album


I've been trying to post here for days...but every time I sit down to do so, something else more important (usually one of the boys being in bodily harm from the other) comes up. So we'll see if I actually get this typed and posted or not today.

At our 3 generation craft fair, we had two tables/booths. Grandma does wonderful knitting and crocheting - blankets, sweaters, booties, doilies, tablecloths, etc. (I got a cool scarf that she made). She had one table...Mom put some framed pictures on it and I displayed some of my stuff on it too.


Mom & Dad do woodworking stuff - Dad cuts it out and Mom paints it. They do some really cool stuff, too. Mom also paints ceramics (Grandma used to have a shop, for those that don't know that, and still does some pouring, etc. from her house) and does some sewing.




Me, I guess I'd be classified as a paper crafter for the most part...I made a bunch of cards, paper bag albums (little scrapbooks made out of paper bags (usually lunch size) and then decorated up with scrapbook paper, stickers, etc.), explosion albums (hard to explain, but you can see one opened up and hanging on the shelf in the picture above), some magnets and decoupaged letters (Brian cuts them out, we all painted them and then I decoupaged scrapbook paper on to them and then decorated them with ribbons and bells and some other stuff my mom had in her stash since we had to do some minor surgery on JOY and PEACE when we got to my parents' since things had, er, stuck together during transit. I also made some fabric trees (for lack of a better name) that I found the directions for on-line while searching for Enrichment stuff. They were fun...you tear strips of fabric and tie them on to a dowel and stick it in a slab of a tree branch.


I also had some rice cold/hot packs that I'd made last year and sold quite a few of at Brian's office and at the craft fair last year. I should try marketing them as sleep-aids...Joshua can't sleep unless he has a cold (we'll see if that changes with the weather getting colder) pack to cuddle up with!

I sold 6 paper bag albums and got an order for an explosion album. Some of the stuff I've already earmarked as Christmas and birthday gifts, and a few I left with Mom for another craft fair in December.

It was really fun to do this and to see how creative my mom and grandma are. Last year, I said I'd work on stuff throughout the year and it never happened. This coming year, I really mean it :)

2 comments:

alison said...

That looks like a lot of fun, Beth! Wish i lived closer so i could have looked at the talented 3-generational handiwork.
p.s. Totally know what you mean about blogging "interruptions"! I mean, come on...don't they know we have important work to accomplish!? ;)

Morningside Blogger said...

Great work Beth! You and your family are very talented. Do you ever hope to not sell the crafts so that YOU get to keep them? I would...only because I know I would want to keep everything I made and never sell anything!! : )