Saturday was the high school's FFA Harvest Festival at the Ag Site. We've gone almost every year with Joshua - except last year for some reason. We went first thing Saturday morning and since it's just down the street from us, we walk. We decided to take the stroller - thank goodness - I don't know how we'd have gotten our pumpkins home without it!




Usually all the carnival type games are outside, but this year they were inside the Ag building...it was supposed to rain Friday when they set up. It never rained, but they were ready. Both boys "fished" at the fish pond. Joshua did his turn so fast that we didn't get any pictures...but we made sure to take pictures of Nathaniel since it was his first time with a "fishing pole." I was surprised he didn't start pretending it was a sword!
Joshua wanted to do the cake walk...and then I ended up having to buy two more tickets because Nathaniel wanted to do it too, with Daddy's help. Really, Nathaniel just wanted to dance to the music...both boys ended up winning plates of cookies. They were store bought cookies, but hey, they were cookies!
Finally it was time to go out and find our pumpkins. Since we can see the pumpkin patch from the end of our street, we've kind of been keeping an eye on them and we were pretty excited when we saw all the orange pumpkins peeking out from among the grass and pumpkin vines over the past few weeks. 
We ended up getting 2 large pumpkins and one smaller one...all for $10 - a pretty good deal. We'll carve them this coming Saturday. Nathaniel was real fun...his nose was running like a waterfall (again!) and I didn't notice it when I took a few of the pictures...thank goodness for the touch up option in my photo program :)
No comments:
Post a Comment