Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua!!!

Well, I tried to post this yesterday, but blogger was being a pain and I didn't have time to come back later and try. So a day late, but still just as special!!!

Joshua turned SIX yesterday!!! Hard to believe that he's gone from this:






to this:



so quickly!!! Where have the years gone!! He's been star of the week at school this week and that has been fun (& a bit challenging to start with). Tomorrow he is taking in M&M cookies to share...if Mommy doesn't eat all the M&Ms before she makes the cookies tonight!!



Over the weekend we had some excitement...Brian became the 2nd counselor in our new Bishopric at church. This is going to make interesting changes for us in some ways...most noticeably for me - him not sitting with us during Sacrament Meeting & having to deal with Mr. I'm Not Sitting Still At All (aka Nathaniel) all on my own. Anyway, due to this, my parents came down for the weekend and Brian's dad flew up from Arizona - all of them stayed with us. To say we had a full house is an understatement! On Saturday, Sarah & Dave also came over and we celebrated Joshua's birthday early (for the 2nd time this month) and had his birthday cake that day. He wanted a space ship cake that he'd seen in a cake decorating book that I have...I did my best and he was pleased with the result, so that was good.



Brian's dad's birthday had been the Monday before, so Joshua said that the cake was for both of them and Grandpa Val even had a couple of cards to open!



Here he is with Grandpa Bruce getting some help opening a present from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dave.


No comments: