Last week, Joshua did his first oral report. His first grade class has been studying space. Joshua chose Pluto (even though technically it's not a planet anymore) for his. The reports were supposed to be brief and memorized. Joshua's consisted of three sentences: Pluto is the smallest planet. Pluto is the farthest planet from the Sun. Pluto is a ball of ice and rock. His teacher even had a microphone set up for them to use. Because we went to watch him, he got to go first. He had it memorized, but stumbled on the last line. He leaned toward his desk to read his paper and his teacher told him to go ahead and pick up his paper and redo his report. As he picked up his paper he said, "That's why I folded it and pointed it towards the front of the room...so that I could read it if I needed to." Great, already figuring how to cheat :) I did video his report, but for some reason it won't load on blogger...probably too big and I don't know how to adjust video. Anyway, he did great.
No comments:
Post a Comment