It started out normally enough. Monday was Joshua's last day of spring break. Brian had classes. However, he returned home at 10:30 that morning...half an hour before his 2nd class ended...and with the hour drive each way to campus, I knew he must not be feeling very well. He hadn't been feeling well since January - having a flare-up of his Crohn's disease. He'd lost 35-40 pounds since then and ate very little.



+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
Tuesday morning, before going to sewing at church, I tried to talk him into going to the clinic here in town. After I left, Mom talked to him. When I called him around lunch time, he wanted the name for the clinic. To make a long story short, he got in that afternoon and was immediately sent to Yreka to the ER for a CT scan. That was Tuesday afternoon...he came home Thursday afternoon. Feeling a little better. With three prescriptions. A follow-up CT scan was yesterday and the inflammation was down (last week they couldn't even see his appendix!) and the pressure that was causing problems with the kidney is getting better. He's being referred to a GI specialist (since Redding has none that will take the insurance we're in the process of getting, he gets to go back to the guy he saw in Sacramento 2 years ago) and we'll see what happens from there. He is now trying to get up enough energy to go to Davis to work this weekend...as well as try to get caught up on his classes being as today was really the first day he went to class in about 2 weeks.
On a brighter note...last Tuesday was also Joshua's first T-ball game. Being as I was still at the hospital with Brian, Mom came home from work (and relieved Grandma who had come up to watch the boys when Mom had gone back to work after lunch) and got him all ready. It was so cold...when I'd driven back home and came through Fort Jones at 6pm, it was 39 degrees! And with a biting cold wind. She got a some good pictures of him, despite the cold, sitting on the damp ground and holding a wiggling Nathaniel.
His second game was on Thursday and the weather was much nicer. I got to watch all of that one. He played catcher and shortstop. He throws pretty dang good...but we need to work on catching (his mitt is pretty stiff and needs some work!) and hitting. Brian is hoping to get feeling better soon so that he can get some practice time in with him.
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
+Large+e-mail+view.jpg)
1 comment:
Wow. What a week, for sure. That's got to be a little stressful. I hope Brian gets feeling better. Chrones can't be a fun thing. Or so I hear, anyway.
Cute pictures of Joshua's ball game.
Post a Comment