Last Sunday (the 9th) we finally got our tree up. It took us a little while. Nathaniel was sick with some 24 hour bug and was running a fever most of the time, poor baby. After we got the tree set up and plugged in, we took a milk & cookie break (we had plenty of cookies leftover from the creche program the night before). Nathaniel was having a "feeling good" half hour or so and was able to enjoy some treats.
Then it was time to put the ornaments on. We have so many ornaments...some I have made over the years (some I remember making one Thanksgiving at college when I was all by myself in my apartment when all of my roommates went home for the holiday...such a nice peaceful days that was!), some I've had for years, a lot of Brian's family ornaments since we kind of ended up with all his parents' Christmas stuff, and of course tons that we got at my bridal shower since everyone brought an ornament as well as a gift to that and as wedding gifts (what happens when you get married the week before Christmas!)
We didn't put nearly as many on the tree as we have the past few years. We had to be very careful with what we hung on the lower half of the tree - so Mr. Destructo doesn't have too much to destroy.
He enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree...but was starting to feel yucky again and by the time we were done and ready to take pictures, he was done and not wanting pictures.
I love this picture I have of Joshua looking up at the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment