Monday, December 3, 2007

Joshua's Christmas performance & Santa

On Saturday, the dual immersion kindergarten classes sang at the Friends of the Library/Community Christmas Festival. They sang "Somos Como Las Flores" (I think that was the title..."We are like the Flowers") and "Cascabeles" (Jingle Bells). Joshua was front and center. We were worried he'd have a melt-down like he has the past few times he's sung at church, but he did great. The kids were so funny...one end of the line was singing at one pace and the other half at another...then one half would switch to English and the other would finish in Spanish...it gave the effect of doing a round, which wasn't planned, but it worked. They'd made jingle bell braclets to wear/shake and bell necklaces. Joshua had a blast...Brian had worked in his classroom on the day they made the bracelets and he'd made one. Nathaniel got to play with that while they sang and shook it right along with him.



The pictures of Joshua didn't turn out the greatest. I hate the lighting in the community center...no flash was horrible. With flash gave major red-eye. Red-eye reduction mode didn't help. I had this same problem when he sang with the Primary kids a couple of years ago. So no, our town isn't possessed by a bunch of red-eyed kids, no matter what the pictures look like.



I tried to do video clips (Brian videoed the whole thing with the video camera) and got a decent one of the Flores, but my Cascabeles one didn't turn out that great...I was ready to go and J's teacher decided to move one of the girls and just as I got ready to start "filming" she stood right in front of Joshua...finally they got her moved and I got a short clip. You can kind of hear him singing toward the end.




After the singing, it was time to go see Santa. Joshua was slightly nervous but did fine. Nathaniel wasn't sure at first, but did sit on his lap with no screaming or fussing so we could take his picture. We also saw Santa at Walmart later on and the boys got their picture taken with him. I'll post those later after I have a chance to scan them.

No comments: