Friday, September 28, 2007

Busy week...

This has been a busy week...but then what week isn't busy! I've been busy making cards, mini-scrapbook albums and other stuff for a craft fair up at my parents'. Tonight is my scrapbook night (now known as Girls' Night) at church. Luckily, the tables are still set up from Wednesday night when I taught a scrapbook class to the Young Women. Joshua will help me arrange the chairs how we want them when we get there at 5:30 and help me set out stuff and we'll be ready to go when it starts at 6. I'm hoping we'll have several people there. I know that there will be at least 4 people (besides Carrie and I) so that will be fun. The craft/mini project I'm "teaching" this month is a Scrapbook in a Box. A friend gave me the directions over a year ago. Joshua and I made one for Brian for Father's Day last year and then one for each set of great-grandparents at Christmas. They're pretty easy and pretty fast to make. Well, not for teenage girls :) Between chattering and trying to figure out how to find 1/4" on a ruler (I just shook my head) it took them close to two hours to make theirs. I'm hoping that grown-ups will be a little faster. I'm also taking some stuff for Joshua to make some Halloween decorations. Another friend gave directions for making Ghost windsocks out of crepe paper and construction paper at Enrichment last week. I think we're going to do pumpkins and ghosts. A few other little kids might be there for a little while until their dad can pick them up, so we'll have enough for them all. And when they finish that - there's always coloring and stamping...I'd better remember the washable ink pads.
Nathaniel is STILL napping from when he fell asleep on the way to take Joshua to school - 3 hours ago!!! I'm going to have to wake him up in a few minutes so we can go pick him up. I need to change my clothes too. I'm wearing old sweats. I got away with them to drop him off since I don't get out of the car, but I have to sign him out when I pick him up, so I'd better get some jeans on...and brush my teeth, haven't gotten to that yet today. Well, sleepy head just woke up and shut himself in their room. He does that EVERY day...instead of opening the door all the way (I leave it cracked so I can hear him), he closes it and then stands there and knocks on it and calls to me. I'll have to add some pictures later. If I'm going to get a parking spot within half a block of the school I need to leave in about 4 minutes!

No comments: