Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's that falling from the sky? No, it can't be...

...it is...RAIN!!! We haven't seen that in awhile. Yesterday afternoon and evening we had a thunderstorm and rain. This morning we woke up to rain again. And two stuffy boys. Joshua seems to have gotten "unstuffed" since he's been up, but Nathaniel is back to the leaky faucet nose. His nose had finally "dried up" late last week...and now it's started again. He seemed tired this morning, no fever though, but he fell asleep in my arms about half an hour ago. So, hopefully an hour and a half nap will be enough for this morning, because we have to take Joshua to school at 1130. I'll let him sleep as long as I possibly can...that's what I did yesterday. Joshua is excited to wear his new rain coat today. I'll have to try and get a picture of him in it. He wants to take his umbrella but, luckily, I don't know where it is right now. That's the last thing he needs to take to school! He'd want to use it as a light saber or sword at recess!
I've just about got my stuff together for the class on leading music I'm teaching tonight at Enrichment...though it finally dawned on me yesterday that I'm only going to have about 15 minutes to teach this and that is so not enough time. Oh well, hopefully I can cover enough basics that we can get some more of the sisters to be able to fill in when regular choristers are out of town. I think I'm going to scrapbook with Joshua for a little bit before it's lunchtime and school time.
Today's scripture is: Psalms 34:13 "Keep thy tongue from evil, and they lips from speaking guile." This is an interesting scripture...but very important...how different the world would be if this was kept...no speaking evil of others or saying deceitful and untrue things about others. The politicians wouldn't know what to do! Or all those newsprograms! A good reminder to not gossip, too.

No comments: