Man, Sunday was quite a day! It started out with me finally having caught the cold or whatever that everyone else had. Sore throat (Friday & Saturday) and sinus pain (Saturday and Sunday and still today). I was still planning on going to church since I haven't been to our ward once this month (visiting in Etna, sick kids and stake conference...and next week we'll be in Woodland at Brian's great-nephew's blessing) and needed to go. Well, Joshua woke up with a lovely "bark" (hate that kind of cough) so that decided it, we were staying home. I asked him how he felt and he said, "Listen to my cough...how do you think I feel?" Of course, by 9:30 he felt better and not another cough was heard the rest of the day. But for him, it was the perfect excuse to stay in his new pajamas.
He told me they were so comfy that he could just wear them all day - which he did until it was time to go to Uncle Terry's for Michelle's birthday. He's feeling fine today, so no missed school. And no having to cancel dentist appointments this afternoon.
He told me they were so comfy that he could just wear them all day - which he did until it was time to go to Uncle Terry's for Michelle's birthday. He's feeling fine today, so no missed school. And no having to cancel dentist appointments this afternoon.Nathaniel has made some new discoveries this week. For one, he discovered that all the cupboards in the kitchen can be opened and there are all kinds of new treasures in them to play with. Sometimes Mommy gets a little upset with him playing with these new treasures, but that doesn't stop him. So, to continue with this new trend of opening things, he discovered (when Joshua went to get a movie out yesterday morning that they could watch so I could lay on the couch and wait for my sinuses to explode) that the drawers on the table thingie the TV sits on pull open. And the treasures in them are some of his favorite things in the world - DVDs! Nathaniel in about thirty seconds flat can remove every DVD on the shelf at his level in the book case where we keep most of the DVDs. Up until now, he hasn't ever discovered the drawers were the rest are kept.
Well, as you can see from these pictures he had fun emptying one of the drawers. He was just getting started on the second one. Even smashing his fingers TWICE in a drawer did not deter him from his mission of flinging movies right and left. Luckily, both Joshua and I were well out of distance sitting/reclining on the couch. I probably should have stopped him from doing it, but at the moment I had about as much energy as the pillow I was using, so I just watched. Once I got them all picked up, he didn't try it again, so maybe he decided it wasn't as much fun as just pulling them off the shelf was. This second picture isn't really him looking down because he'd been chastized or because he was sad about what he'd done. No, he was laughing at me and looked down just as I took the picture. Goofy kid!
A few hours later he wasn't laughing quite so much. After Brian got home from church and home teaching, we were talking about what I'd missed and the boys were playing in their bedroom. Well, Nathaniel comes running out of their room at top almost 13 month old speed...with almost 13 month old control and balance...and tripped over his feet and hit his forehead right above his left eye on the door jamb/molding by our storage closet in the hall. He had so much momentum behind him that he hit pretty hard. Of course within seconds a HUGE goose egg appeared on his forehead.
We got a cold washcloth on it right away. He screamed and screamed. Joshua was pretty upset because he'd been roaring at him (a game they play) and "scared" him (Nathaniel actually runs away laughing) and that's when the accident happened. My first thought after it happened was. Great...and the bishop (Brian's doctor and he has done a house call or two for us in the past) is out of town this weekend. I'd been getting ready to take a shower when this all happened, so while Brian tried to keep something cold on the bump, I hopped in the shower. I knew Nathaniel was feeling okay when I got out, because I could hear him chattering and playing with something in the living room.
So hopefully today will be a calmer day. My sinuses are still bugging me, though only on one side and not so badly. Some sudafed will hopefully help with that. It's change the sheets day - yuck. And I've got bananas that are begging to be made into bread, so I'd better get going on that. But before I do that I wanted to post my scripture of the day...missed doing that over the weekend. Today's is John 6:47 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." A lovely thought...one that gives hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment