Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Catch-up from Halloween






Well, I haven't made it back to post for a couple of weeks...between me being sick for a day or so (note to self...stay away from cheddar broccoli soup at TGIFridays!) and Nathaniel back to having a fountain for a nose...and then just the normal everyday busyness, I haven't had a chance to update more than the titles of the books I've read or add a couple of scrapbook pages. Seems like every time I sit down to post, the phone rings, Nathaniel wakes up or someone needs me RIGHT NOW. So, since Nathaniel is sleeping and should be for at least another half hour and Joshua is at school for another hour and Brian just left for work, I thought I'd do one of a few update posts.



Anakin (aka Joshua) had a blast as usual on Halloween. It's the last time that he'll get to go trick-or-treating in downtown Davis most likely, because next year he'll be in school all day...and I don't think we'll be going when he gets out...too late for me and then be ready to go to Woodland. We didn't hit nearly as many stores this year as we did last year because Daddy had less time and Nathaniel was done! Our little dalmatian puppy enjoyed getting all the candy too - though he didn't really care if we opened it or not - he just wanted to chew on it! He walked for awhile and the look on his face was priceless...as he came out of a bank where he'd walked in with Daddy and Joshua and they put candy in his trick-or-treat bag he held up his bag and gave me this look that said, "Wow, Mommy, I just smile and hold out my bag and they give me yummy stuff!!"




Both boys crashed on the drive home from Davis - big surprise! We were only home for about an hour before it was time to go back and meet Brian and go over to Terry and Theresa's in Woodland. I had to wake up Joshua to go...I think Nathaniel woke up before that. He refused to let me put his costume back on him after I changed his diaper, he'd worn it for most of the day. So he was a cowboy for a place we trick-or-treated at in Davis. But when we went trick-or-treating in Woodland we put him back in his puppy costume. He loved his tail!




In Woodland, we got to go trick-or-treating with Elisha and baby Zachary. He was Superman for his first Halloween. We did a block or so there and then it was time for dinner. Joshua (with the help of cousin Michelle) handed out candy there.


This is a craft project Joshua and I did for Halloween. This wreath gets used for various holidays...right now it's got hands on it with all the things we're thankful written on them (this is our 3rd year doing this and it's so fun)...at Valentines day we cover it in hearts that we write what we love about each other on. Well, for Halloween we just made ghosts out of Tootsie Pops and kleenex and stuck them in. It was a fun craft...though now we've got a ton of Tootsie Pops!

No comments: