After dinner, while I put away leftovers and did the dishes, everyone played games.
After dessert and Nathaniel's bath, we played Guesstures. I think Brian and I have played it once in the years that we've had it...it's more fun with more people than just the two of us.
When that was done, it was time for Joshua to go to bed and me to get Nathaniel down. Nathaniel, however, had taken a late nap (after we had dinner), so he was not ready for bed at all. Brian was teaching Sarah and Carrie how to play Sequence and Dave was stretched out on the living room floor sleeping, so I had nowhere to let Nathaniel run around to burn off the energy. Eventually, once everyone left, I was able to feed him and get him to bed. By then I was ready to crash. Carrie left early Friday morning to get to work and Brian and I rearranged our linen closet and food storage closet. We ended up switching them because we need a lot more room for our food storage than we do for our towels and stuff. That took almost all day - between rearranging, sorting, cleaning, tossing old cans of food and other stuff and of course, taking care of the boys. Brian added a shelf to one side of the food closet and it looks wonderful. It took up a good part of our day, but in the end it was worth it. Now, I just have to remember that the towels are now where the food was and the food is where the towels are :)
We got an additional side rail up on the top bunk for Joshua yesterday. He fell out of the top bunk (or something) a week a go Sunday. Since then we've had pillows piled at the side of the bed by the ladder railing. The railing was protecting, but I guess the way he squirms and moves in his sleep, he scooted around it or something. We had shifted the ladder down slightly from where it had been when he first started sleeping on the top bunk when we put Nathaniel in the bottom bunk last week. Now, with the side rail, we've scooted the ladder further down, but there's no way he'll fall. And now, I've got more room to reach over the side rail on Nathaniel's bed and get him into bed which is nice. A couple of weeks ago I also finally made the curtains for their room that I've had the fabric for for quite some time (less than a year, I think). Joshua had picked out Star Wars fabric...I'd thought he'd go for Cars since his comforter is a Cars one, but no, he wanted Star Wars.
I was happy with how they turned out and so were both boys. Nathaniel says something and points at them almost every time we go into their room.
Here's our Wreath of Gratitude. This is the third year that we've done our wreath for Thanksgiving...it's a fun way to talk about being thankful with the boys. Also, here are two of Joshua's work pages from school.
This one says, "Yo doy gracias por mi familia" (I give thanks for my family) and the other is supposed to be a list of things they are thankful for. Brian was working in his classroom the day they did this assignment and said that these were the things Joshua's teacher wrote on the board...which explains a lot because I didn't know how he'd come up with CARROS (cars), DINERO (money), REGALOS (gifts) and PERRO (dog).
Our dog has been dead for almost a year now and when we talk about being thankful for things at home, he's never once mentioned cars, money or gifts...it's usually family, house, friends, church. I did ask him about his "thankful list" and he said well, he was thankful for money because it got him things...which is something I've never heard him say before. I guess that's what they talked about at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment