Wednesday, July 9, 2008

San Francisco Treat

Yesterday we took a little day trip to San Francisco (I hate driving to San Francisco...I hate the traffic!) We took the boys to the Exploratorium...something we've wanted to do for a couple of years, but we had to wait until Nathaniel was old enough to have some fun. And did we ever...I think their favorite parts were the tornado room (you ran around in this little cubicle type thing and made the vapors coming out of the floor twist into a tornado)




And the huge bubbles. Nathaniel wasn't too sure about it at first, but Joshua could've stayed there all day!




When we got to the Exploratorium that morning, we'd noticed that a bus from the company that my uncle drives for was parked in the lot. We highly doubted that it would be him - come on, what are the chances? And my phone was dead, so I couldn't call him. Well, when we were leaving there was another bus from his company parked there. As we pulled out, Brian said, "That sure looks like your Uncle Brian in that bus." So, we drove over by it and sure enough, that's who it was! He was rather surprised to look out his window and see us pulled up along side of him. We visited for a few minutes and then headed out (he still had an hour or so to wait for the group he'd brought down). We drove over the Golden Gate bridge and pulled off at the vista point on the north side to walk around and take a few pictures.



**blogger won't let me upload the rest of the pictures...stay tuned for them later on!



Here are picture of the boys by the Coast Guard panel at the statue of the Lone Sailor.

2 comments:

Hirsche Family said...

The Exploratorium looks fun! I love your new template. You will have to tell me how to do the thing where it shows when your favorite blogs have been updated. I couldn't find an option for that on mine.

Here at home said...

Cute new look. I'm glad you had fun at the museam. That looks awesome.
Hey, you should check out windows live writer. You don't have to download your pictures through blogger. You can do it all offline and then post to your blog. IT's so nice. If you want to know more, let me know. I can give you the link to my sis's blog that gives ou the instructions.