Picked up our pictures from Walmart the other day, so I have our pictures from the beach - well, our pictures of us and the boys since that's the camera we took them with. This is the first time I've had film developed since we went to Hawaii...which will be 4 years in September. I got the pictures put on a CD as well as getting them developed since my scanner isn't hooked up right now. I am very disappointed in the quality of the CD. I don't know if they scan the pictures or how they do it, but they look awful. And the panoramic pictures all look like they've been shortened on the CD...which kind of defeats the point of a panoramic picture! At least the two of us and the boys turned out okay and I could tweak them enough so that you could see who is in the pictures.
After we finished at Muir Woods, we had a picnic lunch in the car and then drove to Stinson Beach. Windy windy windy roads everywhere. Sadly, Joshua has inherited my stomach...happily, neither of us were actually sick, though Joshua about lost it on the last couple of turns! Once we found parking and got to the beach, we did a little wading. The water was cold, but the weather was nice - so much better than when we went to the beach last year.
Joshua got pretty wet...and so did Nathaniel...and so did Brian. Brian ended up swimming some. Joshua was a little disappointed that we wouldn't let him swim out in the ocean too, but he's just not a strong enough swimmer to do that.
Before he decided to swim and before they all got really wet, they played in the sand. I sat and read. Once the tide began to encroach upon their castles, they brought me the sand toys and played in the water. It was a nice way to end our afternoon.
We stopped in Vacaville to get a few necessities at Walmart. Since it was almost 7 o'clock, we decided to feed the boys Happy Meals. Good choice because even with having dinner out of the way, we still had to bathe them and get them to sleep. It was after 9 by the time Joshua was in bed...and after 10 for Nathaniel. So that was our summer vacation :) Sometimes I think day trips are just as exhausting as long trips!
No comments:
Post a Comment