Monday, September 24, 2007

8 Years Ago Today...



...Brian proposed to me. It's amazing how quickly time flies! Our date that night had been going to the Corn Maze in Woodland and then we had dinner at Lyons and then after that we talked and ended up driving over to the Stake Center and he proposed there. It wasn't what he'd planned to do that night, but he knew that was what he needed to do. I laugh about it sometimes...I had my first and only boyfriend for less than a week before he became my fiance. We don't have a picture of us from that night, but we do have a picture from the first time we met. His parents took this picture of us in the parking lot at their apartment complex in Davis. I'd met him at his homecoming from his mission in Brazil a few hours before and we were heading over to his brother's in Woodland for a family dinner. And for anyone who doesn't know the story...we'd been writing for several months before we actually met, so it wasn't like we were total strangers. So this picture was taken Sept. 19, 1999...the day we met - two days after he got home from his mission.

2 comments:

MountainHawk said...

Gosh, I still remember when you told us about the first letter Brian wrote you. :)

I don't think I've seen this pic before. Thanks for sharing! :)

Morningside Blogger said...

Congrats!! So when did you get married? Andy and I are 1999'ers too. We met July 24th of 99 and were married Nov. 20th of 99. How 'bout you??? Good year.