Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Ants Go Marching...


Yesterday at Storytime we got to listen to bug stories. And for the craft (joshua was very happy that there was a craft this week because last week there wasn't!) they made ant head bands (they glued on the eyes and fit it to their heads...and if they so desired, colored the eyes.) I wasn't too sure if Nathaniel was going to wear his. I told him that Joshua was going to wear one and that Cole might wear one...but I think the clincher is when he saw our friend Jack wear his. Then he suddenly wanted his "hat" on.
After making the hats, they marched around singing, "The Ants go Marching (insert #), hurrah, hurrah..." Nathaniel wanted nothing to do with that part...he clung to my leg and let Joshua go join in with all of the other kids.
Today, when we went for the older kid summer reading program activity, Joshua insisted on wearing his ant head band. He was the only kid wearing one, but he didn't care. The theme is bugs this summer and he makes sure he's decked on in bug attire...usually his bright orange bug summer reading program Tshirt from Aunt Carol's library in Provo. But this week it was his gray shirt with spiders all over it (to remind us of the song we sang yesterday at storytime...Sippin' Spiders Through a Straw) and the ant head band. They made worms/snakes out of wool and learned how to "felt" (?) it. He had fun and has a cute little gray worm with bands of bright colors. I'm sure he'll let "LEX" (that's the worm's name...from our computer game BookWorm Adventure) pose for a picture.
We're tired of smoke!!! We haven't seen blue sky (or a non-red sun) since Saturday, I think it was. So not a good start to summer....wildfires.

No comments: