Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Play-doh Planets


I'm trying to do some summer lessons that a friend of mine created for her kids last summer. She tied a Gospel/Scriptural event with a subject matter (eg. Creation/Space...Jonah/Ocean Life). We've started with the Creation/Space lesson...because, well, the Creation was the beginning :) and Joshua studied the solar system in kindergarten and loved it.

Well, one of Melanie's (my friend) activities was to make "moon cookies" - give the kids some sugar cookie dough and have them shape it into a circular shape and make craters in it with their fingers. Well, yesterday I thought about making sugar cookie dough...and didn't and today, well, Nathaniel never napped, so the kitchen didn't get cleaned up, so yeah, didn't happen again. But...we have PLAY-DOH!!! Just as good (well, you can't eat it - though Nathaniel did try once). So the boys made moons & asteroids and other solar system inhabitants...and then we got out the hair cutting toy (one of Brian's clients gave it to him for the boys last year after she got it as a birthday gift) and no matter how we tried, we kept popping the "baby"'s head off (Nathaniel insists that the guy/girl that is part of the toy is a baby and just wanted the baby and threw a fit until Joshua gave him the baby...yeah, he really needed that nap). I'd put up the camera by the time "baby" came out, but I did take a few pictures of them making their moons, etc.




No comments: