Thursday, June 12, 2008

Finger Painting Fun





Last Friday, as our wrap up to our Creation/Solar System week, we had some good ol' finger painting (not finger licking, thank goodness!) fun! We haven't had finger paints out in ages...because they're such a mess! Thursday morning before work, Brian & Joshua ran to Staples for something for the computer...and came home with new finger paints and some paper. I was more excited than I thought I should be (since they're so darn messy) because I decided they'd be perfect for our cumulating activity for the week.


So, I read about each day of creation from the Bible, and Joshua painted it with his finger paints. Nathaniel, of course, was allowed to just do whatever he wanted with them...within reason, of course. He needed a little help to figure out what he was supposed to do with the goopy stuff, but had fun. Now I want to try and remember what I did with our old finger paints...not so much to get them out and use them, but so that I can find them and make sure they haven't spilled somewhere!!


Saturday was a busy day...Brian started out by going over to the church for Ward Clean Up day. I opted to stay home with the boys. I organized two of those days when I was activities person

...and one of them I did while lugging Joshua around because Brian was at a class. I didn't feel like doing the same with Nathaniel...he was too little to help and would've had too much fun trying to. After that it was time to go to Woodland for Michelle's (Brian's niece) graduation BBQ. After that with two relatively quick stops at Walmart and Costco, it was time to head home, wrap a birthday present and get to Nathaniel's friend Cole's birthday party. Luckily it was form 4 to 7, because we got there at 6! Then it was bathtime and bedtime. Busy day!!

1 comment:

alison said...

What a lucky mommy your cute boys are blessed with!!!!!!!