Monday evening we had dinner with Brian's brother Terry & his wife Theresa. They're growing zucchini & tomatoes. Boy, are they growing zucchini!! We brought home 6 or so. Some are HUGE. I grated them all up yesterday and made 2 batches of zucchini bread (our favorite) and bagged up the rest for future batches and put it in the freezer. I got over 12 cups of grated up zucchini. Here's a picture of the largest one in comparison to Nathaniel...
Last night I had a scrapbooking class. It was nice...I got 6 more pages done. Finished my elementary school class pictures...yay!! Next I'm hoping to finish 2002...and Joshua's first Christmas. These pictures are Nathaniel trying to "help" me get my stuff ready to go last week in my new tote thing. Had to convince him that there just wasn't room for him AND all my junk!
Joshua is enjoying the summer reading program...and is loving the fact that wow, he can really read a lot! Here he's "chilling" in his car after lunch reading a book he checked out earlier this week.
He's all excited because tomorrow we take him to Grandma and Grandpa's where he gets to spend a week - all by himself (well, all by himself after we leave Monday morning). He packed his suitcase (aided by a list from Mommy) this morning...I just have to check and make sure he got everything.
We still are pretty smoky here - smoke from several of the fires around here in Northern/Central California. Haven't seen blue sky since last week. My mom said they had blue sky yesterday...hope the wind doesn't shift and it's still blue tomorrow! I did see stars last night when I got home from Davis...if I looked hard, squinted and stared straight up :)
1 comment:
Hi Beth, I have been wondering about you. I am going to add you to my blog list. This is awesome. I love this blog thing. It's a great way to find people and keep in touch. Thanks for finding me. How did you find me, btw?
Post a Comment