We made them right before lunch and the boys had to try them out...
Then that night, we had our own little drive-in. I fixed "drive-in" type food...corn dogs...
...and popcorn.
We have a ton of raffle tickets that Brian has used when he's done raffles at different events. So I gave us each a bunch of tickets - enough for "admission" to the movie and enough to "buy" dinner and dessert. The boys totally loved this. And we enjoyed ourselves also. Sure beats trying to go to a drive-in (there's one in Sacramento, but I think it's going to be closed) and is definitely cheaper than the theater! We've saved the cars...and we'll do this activity every once in awhile. Joshua asks at least twice a day if we can do the drive-in again.
I got this idea from my friend Melanie's site (sugardoodle.net). She also had a link to a cool website where you could create license plates for whatever state you wanted, etc. So I made the boys their own license plates that we stuck on the back of their cars. Very cool!
1 comment:
Love it!! We are definitely going to have to copy you, Beth!
Post a Comment